Wholehearted thanks to RajyaLakshmi Sametha MattapalliNathan & my guru Sri Mukkur Lakshmi Narasimhachariyar for giving a wonderful trip to Ahobilam.
We have invited our relatives to join us in this trip, so 29 of us visited Ahobilam.
Few things would like to share about Ahobilam.
- Its Vaikuntam on earth. You can feel Lakshmi Narasimhar in Ahobilam cent percent.
- It is NOT difficult to visit all the 9 temples. Couple of my relatives aged 50+ who had leg surgery in their childhood days made it to Jwala Narasimhar with HIS blessings. Most of the people in our group were aged between 50 to 60.
- All of us visited all the 9 temples in about one and half days leisurely.
- We have booked 35 seater bus from Chennai to Ahobilam. The tour agent provided transport, good food, stay (dormitory) and arrangement to visit all 9 temples for 2500rs per person. Tour Agent Details - Sri Raghava Travels - 25, Sannathi Street, Thiruvallur & 29A, 28th Street, Nanganallur, Chennai. - 04427667140 / 9445104956 / 9894916198.
- You can get rooms for 250rs + through malolan guest house if you need separate rooms.
our trip itinerary:-
- 3rd Feb 2013 - night left Chennai at around 9pm.
- 4th Feb 2013 - Reached Ahobilam 7am.
8am - Lakshmi Narasimhar Temple at Lower Ahobilam.
The Moorthy here is believed to be installed by Thirupathi Venkatachalapathy Swamy. This is apart from nava Narasimhar of Ahobilam.
9am till 1 noon -- In Jeep to Chatravada Narasimhar -- Yoganandha Narasimhar -- Pavana Narasimhar.
Jeep Ride to Pavana Narasimhar is really bumpy and a thrilling experience. But even elders (60+) enjoyed that trill. 1pm till 4pm lunch break.
4pm -- Jeep ride + 100 steps climb to see Ugra moorthy - Bhargava Narasimhar. Local priest said that the water in Bhargava Theertham never dries even during very dry season. The water was very clear.
- 5th Feb 2013
We actually planned to start at 6am, but started only at 7.30am. We went on bus ride to Upper ahobilam to get blessings from Swayambu moorthy - Ahoila Narasimha Swamy.
8.30am Started our trek towards Jwala Narasimha Swamy. Five of us used dolli facility (1800 per person). But as i said before, even those with physical challenges were able to trek to Jwala without dolli. On the way to Jwala Narasimha Swamy, we saw Raktha Kundam & Bhavanasini. It was roughly one and half hours trek to Jwala.
From Jwala Narasimha Swamy, we trekked again for about 30 min to get Malola Narasimha Swamy blessings. We stayed here for about 1 hour. From Malola Narasimha Swamy, another 10-15 min easy walk to Krdoakara Narasimha (Varaha Narasimha Swamy) and another 5min walk to Karanja Narasimha Swamy.
At this point we felt we were totally filled with HIS blessings. Wholeheartedly said thanks to Narasimha Swamy for HIS kindness. I was bit worried as our gang includes heart patients, bp patients, sugar patients, mischievous kids, people with back bone issues, what not!!!. But all of us were able to visit all 9 temples because of HIS blessings.
At 2pm we have reached back lower ahobilam for lunch. So totally 1 and a half days to cover all the 9 temples leisurely. 5pm started from Lower Ahobilam and reached chennai the next day morning around 5am.Later we went to Selayur,Chennai to get blessings from Sweetest looking Sri Malola Moorthy & Azhagiya Singar 45th, 46th Jeer of Ahobila matam.
Sri Mukkur Swamigal Thirupathangale Saranam.